Skip to main content

Kitchen Cuts

School is out and the days are getting warmer and with that comes shorter hair.  The boys pester me to cut their hair when it gets hot and I often put it off.  But the truth is... I enjoy it.  It is one of the only times now that they will sit still and let me touch them. I have always given them haircuts, outside sometimes but mostly in the kitchen.  They sit on a stool and I get to play beauty shop.  Without girls in the house, that is a special treat.  Mostly, I enjoy it because it reminds me of when they were little and would get a sucker or a piece of gum to sit still and end up with hair covered candy.  Not that they cared!  They are boys, they will put anything in their mouths!  I do hope that when they are grown they will come home and ask for a kitchen cut.

Comments

  1. I always use to cut Rob's hair, too... and Warren's for 48 years now. and I know what you mean. Cutting someone's hair is very personal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?