Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green egg & ham

I know I promised I wouldn't post a bunch of pictures of eggs but I got a green one today!  It is the prettiest shade of seafoam green.  I have never seen a green egg before, let alone raised a chick up to lay one.  I'm so glad I decided to get a few Americana chickens.  I do hope I get a blue one soon.  And pink would be lovely too. 
Green egg & ham, anyone?
Here it is in my childhood Humpty Dumpty bowl.

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. Our Ameracauna Pullet ended up being a Roo. He had to go. My girls & I really wanted colored eggs. We'll live vicariously through your eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your roo. Maybe you can add some later. They really are the sweetest birds. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten more of them and no barred rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! My EE cross hen just hatched an EE cross chick this morning! I hope it's a girl, because it's the only EE egg in the clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your green egg! I love my green eggs, they make the carton so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you expecting a green egg? I didn't know that some chickens lay eggs that aren't either white or brown or somewhere in between. Really pretty and very interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...