Making jam

Today was a jam making day!  While shopping for groceries this morning, I came across some beautiful strawberries.  I wish they had been from my garden but I'm afraid the baby bunnies ate more than their share last month.  The berries were on sale so I bought a bunch.  I love strawberry jam especially in the winter when I crave the taste of summer.  The little bit that wouldn't fill a jar went in a cup to eat warm with a spoon.  Yummm!  The recipe I used was in the Sure-Jell box.  It never fails.  Tomorrow, I'm going to make triple berry jam with blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.  That will be a new one for me.  I can't wait to try it.

Comments

  1. Warm strawberry jam is the best! I love to heat a little up and drizzle it over vanilla ice cream. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I have ice cream left! I'll have to open a jar. I already ate the cup full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE making jam. My husband has mastered making it with honey instead of refined sugar...you'd never know the difference. It is awesome. Hope to meet you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe at the age of 67, I've never made jam? I do, however, love to eat it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice,
    I think that means you need to come over one morning to make jam. Want too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wasn't so far behind with my weeding, I'd jump at the chance, Kim. Now if we could just have some rainy mornings -- that would be perfect. Thanks for offering to show me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?