Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rocking chairs & raindrops


This morning I awoke to thunder and thought to myself, "It's going to rain!"  It hasn't done that in a month and a half.  I made some biscuits and drank my coffee and waited for the clouds to break.  Nothing.  Not one drop.  Disappointed, I went to get ready for the day.  Then, when I had lost all hope, a gentle rain began to fall.  We hardly ever get gentle rains in Oklahoma.  We get downpours, thunderstorms, tornados, but rarely sweet and steady rain.  What a beautiful thing!  With my husband gone to work and my boys still sleeping, my rocking chair on the front porch was beckoning to me.  And so I sat and listened to the rain hit the metal roof and drip to the ground.  I could almost see the pasture grass turning green. And then I thought , "Isn't that just like God to send a gentle shower when you have given up hope of any relief at all?" This morning I am thanking Him for rocking chairs and raindrops.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that rain had lasted a little longer, but it sure has been nice to have the cooler weather the front brought.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...