Labor-less Labor Day?

Our labor-less Labor Day didn't last very long.  I woke up this morning to see my husband walk quickly to the water well.  I ventured out in my robe to see a large puddle around the well.  A leak! I guess the dry ground shifted things around and broke a pipe.  Still in his pajamas, he dug around in the mud to feel where the water was coming out, found it, and turned off that well.  Thankfully, we have two on the property and they are hooked together so we still have water. 
Leaving the parched ground to soak up the water, we came in for a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and fresh fried eggs.  No eggs for my honey though because he doesn't like eggs.  Isn't that a shame?  Then we went out to ride the horses.  The wind is blowing about 30 miles/hour today (no exaggeration) so the actual riding session was short.  They are still not used to their surroundings and the trees are just spooky when the wind blows through them.  At least to the horses, they are.  Never the less, we walked them around and they got a good brushing.

I guess there will be laboring after lunch on the water well.  We promised our boys the day off.  It is well deserved after the hard work they have put in.  So, I will be helping with the dirty well work, I guess.  Even when you think you have everything on a farm done, there is always something else to do.

Comments

  1. Oh, my... so sorry to hear about the well. I hope the repairs are done without too much more trouble. It's always something, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?