Lotta love in that jar

My husband loves pickled beets.  I don't like anything about them except the color.  Of course, you know that I love that color, it's the color of my house!  Still, I planted beets and harvested them a few days ago.  Yesterday, I decided to can some jars for him.  I had a sack full of beets but after trimming there wasn't much left.  Three hours later, I had 1 & 1/2 jars of pickled beets.  I told my husband that is a whole lotta love in 1 jar! He said I couldn't count the time while cooking them since we went to get a coke.  I assured him that even deducting that, it was a whole lotta love!

Here is my recipe:
cook beets until tender
peel and slice beets and put in jar
make syrup in saucepan and pour over beets:
2 cups white vinegar
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 t. all spice
1 t. cloves

seal and process jars
*note - it takes forever to cook beets!*

Comments