Dash, pinch or smidgen

Smidgen.  That's a fun word to say, isn't it?  But how much is a smidgen or a pinch, or even a dash?  In the past, I never knew.  When an old recipe called for these, I thought you should just throw in whatever amount seemed right. 
Then I found these measuring spoons.  Aren't they cute?  They are Ekco brand and I believe I purchased them at Target
but it has been a long time ago. 

So here ya go: 
A dash is about 1/8 of a teaspoon
A pinch is about 1/16 of a teaspoon
And a smidgen is about 1/32 of a teaspoon
or what we refer to as a "pinch".

They hang next to my other measuring spoons.  There they are on the right.  You would be surprised how often I use them!

Comments

  1. Good to know! Oh, by the way, love the new picture of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!... and I too, love the new picture of the house. It is more alive. The lighting is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?