Glimpse into our day

Up at 6:45.  It's cold this morning.


Hubby built a fire in the stove & put coffee in my cup. 
What a good guy!


7:15 Grits and scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Clean kitchen and bathroom (it's Thursday)
7:45 Dressed for the day
Farm Chores for everyone.
Mine is taking care of the chickens.


8:00 Everyone fed and watered. 
Plan what's for dinner.

Time for school
Help Jake with Chemisty
Grade math from yesterday.


Do writing & spelling with Jonah & Jared


Orthodontist appointment at 10:15
Grab your books - school in the car
History on the way there.
Literature on the way home.
I wasn't the one reading of course!

12:00 lunch - jalepeno cheddar wraps


12:40 riding and exercising the horses.




2:00 drawing class that I teach here at the house. Nine teenage girls!
3:30 deep breath
3:45  Sonic time with husband.  It's our daily, 20 minute, $2 date.


4:00 Everyone pitch in and help Dad with work.  We run a family manufacturing business.
6:00 Dinner at home will wait til tomorrow. (Not typical for us)  Barbeque at the office.
6:45 Bring one boy home with me to put the animals to bed just as it gets dark.
8:00 Make a cherry pie.  We all need one after a day like this!


8:30 blogging to you



8:50  Gotta go.  Pie's done!

But just one more thing before I put my head here:



Pray as a family.
It's the way we end our day here at the Red Farmhouse.

Comments

  1. I found that interesting, lovely house. I shall have to read some of your older blogs to find out more about it. I love that your family prays together every night, I am a Christian are you all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent the last half an hour reading your old posts, I have decided to follow your blog. You are welcome to visit me some time too if you would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me tired Kim! What a busy day you guys had, but full of the most important things--like cherry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    I just found your blog and so glad I did! You are living my dream, I'm so happy for you! I am a new follower and look forward to going back to your posts and getting to know you!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog linked to on Facebook by The Farm Chick. We built a barnhouse, too. And we just finished our Spelling Power lesson for the day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kim for sharing. I just found your blog and will be following closely. May God bless you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your farm and your blog. Thanks for sharing. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, Kim! So glad I found your blog today...loved reading a few of your recent posts...

    You're doing what I've always dreamed of...a family hobby farm. We're just on one acre right now, built our dream home and are carving out bits of garden here and there, but someday I'd love to do what you're doing...so much work, I know, but...!

    Love that you end the day with family prayer as we do...no other way, in my mind!

    I'll be following along...have a beautiful (busy!) day!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. just saw that you love Jane Austen movies...me too! I have them all, in every version known to man! My favorite diversion...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I found your blog. I was raised in the country on a farm but moved to the city as a teenager and now feel stuck here. I too would love to move back to the country and have a little farm. For now I'll live vicariously through you! Thanks so much.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice day, very nice. today was a putter day, tomorrow will be wild. Kids have the day off from school, but 7th grade boys have basketball practice at 6:15am. Thanks coach...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Met you at church Kim and had no idea this blog existed. I grew up on a farm and wanted the same for my children. I managed to raise them on a small farm but not nearly as neat as yours. They loved it and we have great memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?