Old man winter is on his way to Oklahoma, so they say. 70's today, 30's tomorrow. Extra chores have been on the list to get the farm ready for a freeze...
- wood inside by stove
- extra blankets washed and on beds
- plenty of feed in bins
- pasture faucets drained so they don't freeze
- clean chicken coop and add heat lamp
- extra hay for the piglets
- cover flower beds & strawberries with straw
and one more...
- pick the last of the garden flowers,
put them in my pretty baby cup,
and set them in the window where they can watch the frost safely from the sill.