Soup's on

It's wavering here between invigorating spring and blustery winter.  Our menu is wavering along with it ~ grilled goodness one night and warm you up soup the next.  Chicken tortilla soup is one of our standby winter meals.  My family loves it and it's super easy to make.

Start with 12 cups of water and 9 chicken boullion cubes then add one store bought rotisserie chicken.  Boil this for 30 minutes making the broth flavorful.  Remove chicken.  While chicken is cooling, add 1/2 of a chopped onion and 2 stalks of chopped celery to the pot.  Also add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa and 1 cup of instant rice.  Debone chicken and add back to pot.  Simmer for another 30 minutes.  Serve with crushed tortilla chips, grated cheddar, sour cream, chopped cilantro or all of the above.  Soup's on!

Comments

  1. Hi Kim, Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!! I'm with you...a pot of soup is such a comfort on those blustery days. Amazingly, I made my own version of chicken tortilla soup on Friday...one of our favorites!! Hopefully soon we will be outside grilling. Can't wait for Spring!

    BTW....love, love your house!!

    Bev
    Bee Haven Acres
    In the Heart of Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered how to make Chicken Tortilla Soup. This seems easy enough! Once we get some cooler weather again, I'll try it out (we're blessed with temps in the upper 70s/low 80s right now in SC).

    A fellow blogger gave me the Stylish Blog Award and part of that award is I have the opportunity to nominate up to 7 other folks for the same award (it's kind of like a blog chain letter, I guess!). I know you have a lot going on but if you want to participate (and add the Stylish Blog Award image to your site), you can visit my blog:

    http://thatnewhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy....that sounds good. I think I'm gonna have to try that!

    http://janetphillips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good. I never thought of using rotisserie chicken for soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making soup when it is chilly outside...I made a pot of chicken vegetable soup Sunday just in time for the cool weather that hit us Monday. I want you to know that I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award, check out my blog for more information.
    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?