Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Friday, August 19, 2011

BLT Pasta Salad

Ok, it's not a BLT because there's spinach in there instead of lettuce but BST just doesn't seem right.  Besides, it tastes like a BLT. 
We all know that anything with bacon is just fabulous especially if it was grown out back.  It's the perfect summertime salad.  You've got to try it.

Grab a bowl & let's go...

1 package cooked spiral pasta
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
handful of spinach leaves, chopped
cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
tiny cubes of colby/jack cheese, yes, chop that too.

In a cup, wisk 1/2 cup Paul Newmans Italian Dressing
 (no other kind will do)
with a large spoonful of mayo.
Pour on pasta and stir.
Chill.
Eat.
Enjoy.
I just love BLTs anyway they come!


8 comments:

  1. That looks REALLY good! I like BLTs anyway they come too! :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Definitely trying this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks great. I am going to have to try that soon. I think I saw that pasta on the stove yesterday when we dropped by to get some eggs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm - looks great!

    We've had a few garden fresh tomatoes - they are sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds divine! Will have to try that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this sounds wonderful...I think I'm going to give it a try over the weekend as it's fast and easy and I'll need it after mowing. I hope you've been getting some rain and cooler temperatures this week. It's been HOT here especially today but tomorrow will only be in the 80's and mostly cloudy with a chance of storms. It will be a nice change from this terrible hot summer. Stay cool.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate salads, but that look wonderful. Plus, Paul Newman WHOOHOO! Oh just the dressing. I'm sure that is good too.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...