Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Canola Fields

Yes, as in canola oil.
Pam plants, our oldest son calls them.


This is not a crop I remember ever seeing in Oklahoma.
Either I'm more in touch with agriculture now
or it's new to the area.


Either way, I'm loving the sweet smelling canola fields a few miles away from our home.


They are just so lovely!


Ecclesiastes 3:11
God has made everything beautiful in its time.

even canola!

8 comments:

  1. they are pretty! i've seen a blogger pal in canada post about them before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow if only all crops were so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....how do they smell. I thought most canola was grown in places like Idaho, Montana, and ND and SD, but then I realized I haven't thought about that for a couple of decades. I hope they will weather the kinds of droughts that have been hitting NM, TX, and OK lately. When are they harvested?
    Verrrry interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so now I know where some of our oil comes from..good to see the actual plant! This is Anna from That New House...I've branched out with a new blog: http://okrahillfarm.blogspot.com/
    But the real reason I wanted to post a comment is because I found out Friday that I'm expecting my third boy in August! So I get to join the club of mama of three boys :o) Seeing your boys inspires me...hoping mine turn out to be as good as your's seem to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen canola plants before, and you're right, they're beautiful:)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped over from Julia's blog...

    So interesting to hear you remark about the canola crap ( we have tons here in central Alberta) it's refreshing to hear you like the smell too. Lots of folks comment on it 'stinking...' I will think of you this summer when I see the sea of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really???!!!! so beautiful. wonder if i can talk my hubby into planting canola? ;)

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...