Frost

 has come early this year to Oklahoma ~ almost a full month early.
Yesterday morning, I finished my cup of hot coffee and left the cozy fire in the wood burning stove to say goodbye to my summer garden.
   

Summertime seemed to go by fast this year. 
Some seasons of life do, I guess.


I gave the beds a deep drink of water to help insulate them for the coming night.


This morning a thin layer of frost covered the farm.  I thought for sure the cosmos would shiver and wilt but they are still standing strong determined to be fall flowers.


Ecclesiastes 3:11
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time.



This has been my favorite flower bed this year.  I love the mixture of roses, periwinkles, russian sage, and purple heart!  I hate to see it fade.


While watering, I gathered seeds to sow in spring from gaillardia, zinnias, verbena on a stick, and cosmos.  My sweet friend, Alice, gifted me with over 40 varieties of daylilies that I recently transplanted.  I made sure they were all tucked in their beds just right.


 I took pictures ~ lots of them.
And then I went back in by the fire to await frost.


Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.