Beaded Crocheted Bracelets

I have been wanting to try a beaded crochet project for a while.  When I ran across this pattern, I had to give it a try.  If you know how to crochet, they are super easy and very fast to stich up.


Picking out buttons to match the beads is the hardest part.


I basically used this pattern but I made a few changes. 
  • I coated the end of the yarn with glue and let it dry instead of using a needle to thread the beads. 
  • I strung the beads in groups of fives and I put on extra just in case I didn't think it was long enough.  You can't add more later if it's too short!
  • I reinforced the buttonhole with single crochets back across the loop.  This gave it a more finished look while making it stronger.
  • Also remember that these will stretch when you wear them so make them to just fit around the wrist.

After making a few of these for gifts, I stitched up some of my handspun Jacob yarn.  I just HAD to use this cute button that I found.  I nearly squealed with delight when I came across it in the fabric store. {Actually, I think I did squeal!}


Such a cute country scene with a farmhouse, frog, and a tree.
Some may say it has a goat on it but you and I both know that is a Jacob Sheep. ;)


These make really cute ponytail wraps.  Just make it shorter or wrap it around twice. 
The possibilities are endless with this project, girls.  Grab some yarn and give it a try. 


Praise the Lord.  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 106:1