Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Heart

to show your love.


I made this cinnamon bread with my one rise bread recipe.
It's such a versatile bread dough.

I thought a heart would be fun to make.
Julia from Blissfully Content inspired me with her 
Almond Bread Heart.
She has the cutest ideas!


One rise bread

mix together:
2 1/2 cups hot tap water
1 T salt
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 T yeast
1 egg

Now slowly add 6 cups of flour
enough to bring the dough away from the sides of the bowl.
Keep mixing for 10 minutes.
Yeah, it's a long time but it makes the bread so good!



Now for the cinnamon part:
cut 2 T butter
into
1/2 cup sugar
& 1 T cinnamon


Roll out the dough in a large rectangle.


Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
Add nuts if you want.
The guys I love don't care for them ~ so no nuts.


Roll the dough into a log shape.
Transfer to a very large greased baking sheet.


Cut lengthwise down the center, cutting all the way through on one end and not at all on the other.  Spread dough out into a heart shape.  (Sorry I didn't take a pic of that process ~ I got carried away.)

Let rise in warm place for 1-2 hours.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or just until top starts to brown slightly.


It's not a perfect heart
but our love isn't perfect either.
Only God's love is perfect.


Now sugar coat it ~

Icing:
1/2 box powdered sugar
& 1-2 T milk mixed together
and drizzled on top.

Serve up a little piece of your heart
to those you love today.

Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, and so much less mess than cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, these looks delicious! thank you for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Those cinnamon rolls look yummy. I will give them a try not to sure if they will look the same. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum...cinnamon rolls! I love them and this heart is so perfect. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty cinnamon roll / heart.I never considered changing the shape to suit, but now I will. I always love visiting your little red farmhouse ~ could be the Jacob sheep make me feel right at home, but I know it is the heart & hospitality you show. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked so yummy! thanks for sharring...I am going to try it! loved the scripture bestest!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...