Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Seven S-Squared Lambs

All of our lambs have arrived
and are growing like crazy.


We chose names associated with their sire or dam.
This year they have our farm name too.

I thought you might like to meet them~


 Rocky is a lilac ram that belongs to Jared.  
He picked the name.  Cute!
S-Squared Rocky Road
(Never Winter Haagen Dazs x St. Jude's Ralene)

Copper has amazing dark black fleece like his dam 
and crimpy fleece like his sire.
S-Squared Copper
(St. Jude's Auburn x Rockhaven Flora)


 Flash just has a few flashes of black but fleece that I can't wait to dye and spin.  I've never seen such wide horns on a lamb.
S-Squared Flash
(Moose Mtn. Hawthorn x St. Jude's Twinkle)


 Tinsel is really cute.  She will be going to her 
new home in Texas this weekend.
S-Squared Tinsel
(Moose Mtn. Hawthorn x St. Jude's Twinkle)
 

Calico is very friendly and always comes up to me 
when I'm in the pasture except when I have my camera.
S-Squared Calico
(Never Winter Haagen Dazs x St. Jude's Callie)


 MacArthur is just nice.  Perfect face markings.
S-Squared  MacArthur
(Never Winter Haagen Dazs x St. Jude's McCarthy)

And last but never least, Zip.  He lives up to his name 
and zips around the pasture.
S-Squared Zip
(Never Winter Haagen Dazs x Moose Mtn. Ziggy)

 He's my favorite
especially when I see him from behind. ;)

Psalm 114:4
The mountains skipped like rams, 
and the little hills like lambs.


10 comments:

  1. Wow... They are growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful. Love the names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute....the names fit each one so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, they are so beautiful. I am trying to talk my husband into letting me have a side operation of sheep! He says we need to focus on our grass fed cows. :-( I grew up with sheep and they are such awesome animals. I love your pictures! How is the milking going? Can't wat for a post on your milking parlor. ~ Dori ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him we have cattle and sheep. ;) They are enjoyable. Something about watching sheep graze a pasture.
      Milking is going really well. Will show the the parlour soon. Promise.

      Delete
  5. I have to say I love the rear end pic of Zip ! So many times I have thought about the cute spots my sheep have on their rear-ends as they walk away from me.

    What a lovely lamb-crop you have. Aren't Jacob sheep the best ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Yes. We love our Jacobs. Thanks for the compliments. It means a lot coming from a fellow Jacob shepherdess.

      Delete

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...