Broomstick Crochet Infinity Scarf

 All of the yarn from our sheep sold.
Yes, ALL of it.
It's going to a local specialty yarn store,
Sealed With A Kiss
and that is really exciting!


For the unveiling at their trunk show,
 I wanted to wear something I had made 
from our Red Farmhouse Fibers yarn.


I picked a nice soft gray from our girl, Alexa.
She is sweet and quiet but fancy
so I thought this broomstick crochet pattern 
would make a great project for her fiber.

It may seem silly but I like keeping the characteristics
of the sheep consistent with the final project.
It's a personal way of looking at the wool and it's why we process
our fiber from each individual animal.


This infinity scarf was a little challenging since
 I've never done broomstick crochet before.
That's a size 50 knitting needle.  Looks like it could be a weapon!
It worked great though.


You start by chaining on to the "broomstick"
working in one direction and then work
your way back with a shell stitch the other way.


After a while, I got the hang of it.


I love trying new things with yarn!


When it was finished, I joined it together 
with an antique brooch that is just the same color of gray.


I love it.  More broomstick crochet is 
definitely in my future.
Here is a similar pattern on Ravelry.

Exodus 35:25
All the skilled women spun with their hands,
and brought what they had spun,
in blue purple and scarlet material and in fine linen.


Comments

  1. Such beauty and from a beautiful animal. The scarf is a real delight in every way. I have never done crochet like that before, looks difficult, but I love the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At times, I felt like I needed a third hand but the extra effort was worth it. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Kim that is beautiful...you are so talent.
    You are so inspiring. Love reading about your little world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you to say. Thanks! Prayers sent your way for your s-i-l.

      Delete
  3. The Infinity scarf is lovely... and how exciting that all the yarn sold. YAH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?