Good bye city life! Our family designed and built an industrial but old fashioned farmhouse on nine acres. Now we are building our homestead ~ or is it building us? Grab your boots and join us on our journey to country living.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pepperocini Roast

Tired of turkey?
Need an easy meal for dinner?
Try this Pepperocini Roast.



I usually let my roasts rest in the refrigerator for a day or two after thawing.
Then I brown the top and bottom in butter before roasting.
Not this one.  It went straight from the freezer to the oven
and cooked all day on 225 degrees.
I was desperate for something easy for dinner that day.  
What else can I say?
I may be fixing roast this way from now on.  It was a big hit!


Recipe:
One large roast with
one jar of pepperocini peppers poured over the top.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Cook all day on a low temp.

That's it!
Seriously.  That's it.
Thank goodness.  We all need some recipes like that during the holidays.
Thanks to my friend, Brenda for the idea.
BTW: It's great in a crockpot too.  I just love my red enameled cast iron pot. :) 

4 comments:

So what do you think of that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...