Tough and Pretty Dishcloths


The essence of farmhouse is tough and pretty
so these dishcloths are perfect
for a farmhouse kitchen ~
Tough terry cloth on one side,
pretty patterns on the other.


Sewing up dishcloths is "sew" easy!
I cut 9 1/2 inch squares from well worn hand towels.
I cut the same size of freshly pressed scrap fabric in coordinating colors.



Then I zipped around the edges with a zig-zag stitch.



They will gently fray in the wash and that's OK.
They're dishcloths after all!


These sewn dishcloths took no time at all.
It was the perfect rainy day project.


Thanks to Julia at Fairview Farm for the idea!

Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
Psalm 62:8

Comments

  1. Kim, they are very fun and colorful! I love them. Think that is a good rainy day project for me too! - Dori -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! How wonderful to be able to make something so useful. I can't wait to get a sewing machine! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dishcloths what a great idea. I have towels that will work perfectly, thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat idea for dish cloths etc. My mom used to do that and I forgot about it until your post. Thanks for bringing back a memory of my precious mom. We wasted nothing!
    Love your family Bible verse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute!! What a great sewing project for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!

    Also, I featured your blog on mine today! I hope you will go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?