Queen of the Coop


Lizzie, dear Lizzie.  
She been here from the very beginning ~ 
from my very first flock of chickens over five years ago. 
 She's an Americana and an old girl now.  
Her pretty blue eggs are a thing of the past 
but she's still spry and spoiled.


Everyday she hops over the fence and 
free ranges where ever she chooses.  
We don't stop her because she's too special for that!  
The other chickens line up along their fence 
and wonder how she got out.  
I think she does it just to remind them that she may be old 
but she's still queen of the coop.


More about why Lizzie is special:

Comments

  1. Ah, yes, Elizabeth. Glad she is still struttin' her stuff. That's one chicken that will never be in a stew pot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Americana who does the same thing. LOL I just let her free roam all day. The other ones line the fence, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing chickens out in the yard :) I've been so tempted to get some, but I really don't know a thing about raising them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice to see that she has found her spot in the world? I think she is a beautiful chicken and I can see why you like her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny. Thanks for the story. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet ~ Story ~ Thank you for your visit on my blog today. I thought of you when I made that post ~ I thought about how great of an Artist you are. How I wish I could take lessons with you.
    Have a great day Friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?