Shearing Day

Garfunkel
Recently we had our first Shearing Day
without our sheep.
And you know what?
It was really relaxing!
The alpaca were so easy and since there are only three
plus the llama, it was quick.

Gladys & Rikasha, our guard llama

Simon with his mop top!


Shearing always seems special here on the farm
because when the animals lose their winter coats,
it really seems like spring!

The flowers are blooming all over the property,
daffodils in pots and under almost all the trees.

Tulips and hyacinths too.


And of course all six of our redbud trees (our Oklahoma state trees)
are showing off their bright purple buds.


The winter is past; 
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing has come...
Song of Solomon 2:11-12

Comments

  1. I love the llamas. It is very interesting to see your farm as it has changed with the boys leaving. I am sure that it seems to be sad to you, but encouraging at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of Gladys every time I wear the scarf you knitted for me with her wool. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim, I am so delighted to have found your sweet blog. I have always had an interest in the lives of women who raise animals for the suppose of shearing and using their wool for spinning, weaving, knitting and crocheting. It's a rare and wonderful tradition to keep alive. I once was blessed with a seat on a flight from Seattle to Chicago next to a lady that raised sheep and then used a loom for making rugs and handbags. She was an amazing women with wonderful stories.
    I am your newest follower, please accept my invitation to visit my blog, I love making new friends.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?