Fading Summer Blooms & Fall Harvest



The fall vegetables are coming up in the stock tank container garden.
Well, at least the lettuce and green beans. 
The beets (in the middle) are not growing for some reason.


I'm a little sad to see the last of the summer blooms fade 
but the promise of cooling temps are certainly welcome.


This year the zinnias were really pretty.
But these blackberry periwinkles were my favorite of the season.


And all those summer blooms
brought a harvest of another kind ~
a very sweet one!


Comments

  1. So, good to see this post. Lovely flowers and I love the tank gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a leaky stock tank doing nothing; I think I need to press it into service as a raised bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see the bees, such a wonderful harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lobe the blackberry periwinkles! I have never seen those before but I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear the bees are doing well. Love the zinnias. Nice to have a green August, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the summer was good to you. Wonderful to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?