Finished Fleece Projects

The thing I love about having fleece animals is turning their wool into finished projects.  After making my first "sheep to shawl", I knew I wanted to make a hat; not just any hat but a newsboy cap. :)


It's made with handspun Jacob wool in solid gray with varigated gray edging and flower.  The button is made from a Jacob horn.

Spinner's Lead at the National Jacob Sheep Show this summer.
(photo credit: Joan at Mud Ranch.)
Coordinating with it, I made an cowl from my very first handspun yarn.  It's full of imperfections but resulted in a nubby texture that I really like!

This super easy pattern can be found at JJCrochet.


And then I decided I should probably make some things for my family.
Jared made this wonderful yarn from alpaca roving. The colors are just beautiful!


It made up into a cute beany for the boy that will match his Carhartt coat.


Ready to try something new, I skirted, washed, carded, and spun Simon's alpaca fleece.


First, I spun his chocolate brown fleece and then plied it with his silvery gray.  This made a really nice combination that is very soft but has a masculine look.  I will definitely do that combo again next year.


With that yarn, I made a hat for my hubby.
And a gray Jacob one for Jonah.



I'm still working on one for Jake. (He's modeling his dad's hat here.)


When that is finished, I'm going to dig into my stash and see what else I can make.


Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Hebrews 10:24