Edison's Octopus



Our dining room light is, well, something else.  People come in and they either love it or hate it.  We think it has an old fashioned look but looks contemporary too.  That makes it a perfect fit.  When my husband first showed it to me in the Pottery Barn catalog, I wasn't sure.  I wasn't even sure when I opened the box.  But he was positive about it and he has great taste, so I went with it.  Then we hung it up and turned on all the lights and it was amazing!  It is alot of wattage (sorry, no fluoresent here) but those bare bulbs are just brilliant.  Our kids call it Edison's Octopus.  I call it "good call, Honey."

FYI: Our 13 yr. old son, Jonah, took the diagonal pic.  He has quite an artful eye.

Comments

  1. Kim,
    What kind of light bulbs are you using on "Edison's Octopus"?
    Jennifer - Kingsland, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    The light bulbs came with PB's Edison Chandelier and one extra besides. They are 5.5 inches in diameter ~ really big! Here are the specifics on the bulbs.
    40 watts, G40 type G. I found them at a specialty light bulb store but we haven't had to replace any yet.
    It's still a current product of Pottery Barn. I recommend it whole heartedly. The two things we get the most compliments in our home are the Octopus and the Interior Barn Doors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?